Monday, February 4, 2013

Summer Lovin'

Good news!! I am definitely heading to the Vineyard this summer. I missed the trip last year, because my Mom was pregnant and the grandparents house was under construction so she was only allowed to take one dog. I thought for sure it would be me, but it turns out there was some concern about my need to mark new places and attack people who look me in the eye that caused my Mom to select Wilkes as the dog of choice for the trip. I was kind of bummed (Dad's office may or may not have needed a new rug from my month of pointed (re:peed on) reminders that I was NOT HAPPY to be left last year).
But, this year I will be on the island for three months!! Mom and Dad have to go to some weddings in June, so they will be flying me in and then me and the dog brothers (they said everyone is coming this year, even though I really think we can leave Wade and Wilkes behind so its all about me) will be on island until September!!
Yes, we all have to wear life preservers on the boat. I took dog swim classes in Middleburg a few years ago at the dog pool, and my instructor told my Mom that I am a great swimmer. I am so good, that when I jump off the boat, I start swimming as fast as I can away towards the horizon line. Where am I planning to go?? I'm not sure! But I sure do like to escape. Mom says the handle on the life preserver makes me easier to catch with a hook as I make the daily escape attempt... I don't really like it when she puts it on me because it is hard to do things like fit into the drinks cooler and steal peoples lunches, or rub my wet fur all over someones dry clothes, but I sort of like how stylish I look in it... 

(I'm just glad my Dad made her return the pink one and get me the manly blue! My fur brother Wilkes has a nerdy yellow one so I definitely feel cooler than him at least) Countdown to summer is on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment