Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Introducing Rhett Bostrom...



Rhett Bostrom here. I am a much loved rescue Cocker Spaniel living in Southlake, TX. My mother is insane (obviously) as she is writing a blog in the third person from the perspective of a dog, but she is a bleeding heart who keeps adopting more and more animals, and it seemed like the right time to start a blog.... Right now there are three cocker spaniels, three horses, and one new baby so we are all desperate for constant attention!! Obviously, as the oldest, Rhett Bostrom is the favorite (to clarify, there is no hyphenation on my last name, as my mom rescued me before she was a Tatum, I kept my original last name).
This blog was a good way to talk about the joys of having three rescue dogs, and as a place to (sometimes) vent about the trouble we cause and the fun we add to an otherwise normal life. My parents swear that rescuing a dog is the best thing to do. I agree, but am still not QUITE sure that I needed siblings. Especially not sure we needed my middle brother Wilkes (more on that later!) At any rate, lets start things off with typical day in my life....
Wake up around 8, try to snuggle in bed with my Mom... Get sent outside to go "potty", which I obviously don't need to do, since I already peed on her corner of the bed! so instead go sit on the chair I'm not allowed on with my follower brother, Wilkes while we wait on breakfast. Next, a quick bark at the front door even though no one is there, just to shake things up a little and watch my two dog brothers get yelled at for waking up the baby while I watch and sneak his half finished bottle out of the dog door to see if I can soft jaw it  a bit before it gets taken away... After a busy morning like this, my mom leaves for the afternoon, so I have to spend a few hours perusing the house for good spots to mark and leave half chewed toys for my Dad to trip over later when he gets home from work. Once that happens, we have a quick dinner where I try to steal some wine out of a wine glass left near the couch, and then a good 3 mile walk before bed...
Thats all for now! We are getting started sharing bits of our life here in TX, hopefully we will inspire some new dog lovers to decide to rescue a cocker spaniel like me and my brothers and add to their lives! At the very least, we have a place where my Mom can talk about how great I am, and how much she loves having me and my brothers around ALL THE TIME. More tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment